Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Best Bacon You'll Ever Make

 
I love bacon. I use it in a ton of recipes (see below). I've tried cooking it a ton of different ways, but this is what I have found to be the best way.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of bacon
Directions:
  1. Cover two baking sheets in aluminum foil
  2. Place bacon on foil
  3. Put sheets in COLD OVEN and turn to 400 degrees
  4. Cook for 20 minutes
  5. Remove from oven and place between paper towels
Now I like my bacon really, really crisp, almost burnt. If you don't, start checking around 10/15 minutes and cook to your desired consistency.

You can also put a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet so that the bacon fat drips off, but I find everything more delicious if the bacon cooks in the fat.

Recipes to try:
Lentil Soup with Rosemary Ham and Bacon
Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Blue Cheese
Candied Bacon and Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Candied Bacon and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pesto and Candied Bacon Grilled Cheese
Candied Bacon
Beer Candied Bacon
Maple Bacon Popcorn
Brown Sugar Crusted Bacon
Bacon and Fried Egg Grilled Cheese
Bacon Grilled Cheese
Cheese Bacon Hot Dog

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment