Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Quinoa and Veggie Quesadilla

 
I wanted to make a quesadilla, but I didn't have any meat around that I could use. So I decided to use some already made quinoa that was in my fridge. It turned out quite delicious! Great substituion.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tortillas
  • 1/2 c. quinoa
  • 1/2 c. cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
  • Any veggies (I used shredded carrots, shredded sweet potato, and spinach)
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
Directions:
  1. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat
  2. When hot, put down one tortilla
  3. Top with quinoa, cheese, and veggies
  4. Top with other tortilla
  5. Cook for 5 minutes, and then flip
  6. Cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is cooked to desired crispiness (I like mine almost burned)
  7. Remove and cut 
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment