Sunday, January 19, 2014

Coconut Oil Popcorn

 
I LOVE popcorn. My Mom got me my own bowl in high school because I used to eat one bag a day. Now I don't eat the bags anymore as I learned how bad they are for you and only do homemade. Usually I use vegetable oil, but I've read a few times how amazing coconut oil is. And with all the benefits of coconut oil, I was intrigued. It's a delicious combination!

Ingredients:
  • Popcorn kernels
  • 2 tbsp. coconut oil
Directions:
  1. Put coconut oil in pot over medium heat with one kernel
  2. Shake around every so often
  3. When kernel pops, pour more in (I usually pour about 1/2 c. in)
  4. Cover and shake
  5. Cook until pops are a few seconds apart
  6. Top with salt, and more coconut oil if you want to
For more popcorn ideas:
Homemade Popcorn (Part I)
Homemade Popcorn (Part II)
Maple Bacon Popcorn
Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment