Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sweet Potato Egg Nest


I follow a blog called Against All Grain which focuses on gluten free food. She posted a picture of a sweet potato nest a few months ago, and said she used a spiralizer, or a spiral cutter. I put it on my Christmas/Birthday list, and got it! You can find it here. It's the easiest thing! You can put anything in, spin, and it makes "noodles". I've only tried with a sweet potato, but you could use a carrot, zucchini, anything!

Ingredients:
  • Sweet potato, cleaned
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • Egg
  • Salt and pepper
Ingredients:
  1. Put a nonstick pan over medium heat and add olive oil
  2. When oil is hot enough, use spiral cutter to make sweet potato "noodles"
  3. Cook for 5 minutes, or to your liking (more time = more crispy)
  4. Crack egg on top of "nest"
  5. Cook until your liking of your egg (I like it runnier these days, but up to you!)
  6. Top with salt and pepper
The crispiness of the sweet potato combined with the runny egg was such an amazing combination. I can't wait to try this with other veggies!


Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment