Thursday, February 19, 2015

Vegan Carrot Almond Butter Soup

 

I can't remember where I found this recipe by Vegan Richa, but I'm so glad that I did! I subbed almond butter for peanut butter to make this Whole30 friendly, and it looked very strange, but I thought it was so delicious! Probably not something I'll make every week, but definitely a recipe to keep in my back pocket.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tsp. avocado oil or coconut oil
  • 1/2 c. chopped onion
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 inch of ginger, grated
  • 1/2 c. chopped carrots
  • 1/2 c. almond butter
  • 1/2 c. tomato sauce
  • 1 c. coconut milk
  • 1/2 c. water or broth (veggie if you want vegan, or chicken/beef)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. Frank's hot sauce
  • Dash of apple cider vinegar
Directions:
  1. Heat oil in a skillet
  2. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for 5 minutes
  3. Add carrots and cook for 1 minute
  4. Add tomato sauce and almond butter and cook for 4 minutes
  5. Add coconut milk, milk or broth, salt, red hot sauce, and apple cider vinegar
  6. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes
  7. Cool slightly
  8. Blend with an immersion blender
I added roasted sweet potato and sausage (omit if you're keeping vegan).

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment