Thursday, February 19, 2015

Paleo Meatballs

 

Meatballs are a great thing in my house because they're filling, versatile, and both my husband and I love them.  The recipe I grew up eating and loving that my Mom made had Parmesan cheese and pesto (probably why they were so good), and I was having trouble finding a Paleo recipe online that sounded good to me, so I experimented and this is what I came up with! I loved it. They're also super easy to make if you have all of the ingredients, and the best part is you can make a ton and freeze them for dinner in the future. Let me know what you think!

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 lb. ground beef
  • 1/4 lb. ground pork
  • 1/4 tsp. basil
  • 1/4 tsp. oregano
  • 1/4 tsp. chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 c. fresh parsley (or 1 tbsp. dried)
  • 1/8 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 c. almond meal
  • 2 eggs
  •  3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine all ingredients and mix with hands
  3. Top baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil
  4. Form into golf ball sizes meatballs and place on sheet
  5. Bake for 30 minutes
Add into sauce or freeze for later. I ate these on top of zoodles with red sauce and cashew "cheese."

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment