Thursday, February 19, 2015

Garlic and Herb Roasted Shrimp

 

We have nine weddings upcoming this year (WHOA) so my parents will be taking care of our dog quite a lot. As a thank you, I like to cook them dinners. This dinner was special because the recipe comes from Ina Garten's book "Make it Ahead", which my Mom bought for me for Christmas. I made a few changes to make this Paleo and Whole30 friendly, but you can easily make adjustments to go the other way!

Ingredients:
  •  1/2 c. ghee butter
  • 2 tbsp. EVOO
  • 6 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1 lb. shrimp, wild caught, tail and shell removed and cleaned
  • 1 lemon
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Melt butter over low heat in a medium saute pan
  3. Add EVOO, garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute
  4. Turn the heat off
  5. Zest half a lemon over butter
  6. Put shrimp on a baking sheet
  7. Pour butter over shrimp
  8. Cut the half of lemon into 5 slices and tuck into shrimp
  9. Roast for about 14 minutes
  10. Juice the other half of the lemon over
I ate this over zoodles but my parents ate over noodles with Parmesan cheese.  


Enjoy! Thanks Ina!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment