Monday, February 2, 2015

Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake


I found this recipe from the Today Show and was so excited about making something pumpkin. My friends and I had a pumpkin carving party and this was perfect! I also made this for a Friendsgiving and it was just as successful!

Ingredients:
  • 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese (SOFTENED. I tried unsoftened once when I was in a hurry and it was not good)
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust (or make your own like I did!) 
  • 1/2 c. canned pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 pinch nutmeg
  • Whipped cream
Directions:
  1. Set oven to 325 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla
  3. Add one egg at a time
  4. Take about half of the batter and pour into the bottom of the crust  
  5. To the rest of the batter, add pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg and blend
  6. Pour over first layer  
  7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set
  8. Cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight
  9. Before serving: top with a hearty serving of whipped cream!  
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment