Monday, February 2, 2015

Butternut Squash Soup

 

I got this recipe from Paleo Cupboard and I am SO happy I found it! I've made two full batches by now and loved it so much each time.  It's so filling, and it makes me feel great to eat because it's full of amazing ingredients. I also made a double batch just to freeze half for those nights you don't have time to cook. I think the most annoying part of this was peeling the apple! Make this immediately!

Ingredients:
  • 6 c. chopped butternut squash (I find this at Costco, pre-cut, and it's so helpful)
  • 2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 2 c. baby carrots, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 c. broth (chicken/veggie/bone)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 c. coconut milk
  • Optional toppings: cooked sausage, cooked bacon, parsley
Directions:
  1. Place squash, apples, carrots, onion, garlic, broth, and seasoning in slow cooker 
  2. Cook for 7 hours on low
  3. Add coconut milk and stir
  4. Use an immersion blender to blend everything
  5. Add S&P, and any additional toppings you might like!
Easy as that! Enjoy!

Kelsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment