Thursday, February 19, 2015

Paleo Soft Tortilla Shells

 

My husband and I have taco night pretty regularly, and while eating tacos on lettuce shells can be fine sometimes, other times a taco shell or tortilla is necessary. These cauliflower tortillas from Paleo Leap were pretty easy to make, and tasted amazing - even the next day!

Ingredients:
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • S&P
Directions:
  1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Clean the cauliflower, remove stems, and cut into florets
  3. Place cauliflower in food processor and pulse until you get pieces a bit smaller than rice
  4. Steam (I did this in a bowl over boiling water... but you can use a steamer - which I need to get! - or in the microwave)
  5. Let cauliflower cool (make sure you do this. I burned myself because I was too impatient)
  6. Put in towel and squeeze as much water out as you can
  7. Put cauliflower in bowl, add eggs and spices, and mix until combined
  8. Put parchment paper on a baking sheet
  9. Section into 6 equal sections, and make 6 torilla-shaped figures on the parchment paper
  10. Bake for 9 munutes
  11. Flip and cook another 5 minutes
  12. Fill with your favorite taco toppings!

Next time I make these I want to experiment with the spices... maybe some cayenne pepper for a kick?!

Enjoy! Thanks Paleo Leap!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment