Saturday, February 15, 2014

Zucchini Noodles

 

For Christmas I got a spiral slicer and I love it (more details found on my Sweet Potato Egg Nest link). I did it with zucchini today and it was amazing! It makes a ton of noodles, and they actually taste very similarly to noodles.

Ingredients:
  • Zucchini
  • Egg
  • 1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
  • Salt
Directions:
  1. Spiral slice zucchini and add to colander (I gave the rest of the zucchini to my dog)
  2. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 30 minutes (this helps draw the water out)
  3. Rinse off salt and dry with paper towel
  4. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add zucchini noodles
  5. Add an egg if you want and cook for 5-10 minutes
I scrambled the egg up, tossed with cheese and cayenne pepper. Loved it!

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment