Saturday, February 15, 2014

Baked Egg Cups



There's a phrase that you're supposed to "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper." While I probably eat all three meals (and snacks) like a king, I like the idea of eating most of your food in the beginning of the day and eating less throughout. I usually just eat Greek yogurt for breakfast as I like to wake up at the last possible second before going to work, but I liked the idea of prepping something beforehand that was quick to grab, filling, but still super healthy.

My Mom got me Ramekins for Christmas and I was so excited to start using them. To start, I made one egg cup with a cut up turkey sausage circle, torn spinach, and shredded cheddar cheese. It was so delicious, so I decided to make a bunch to get ready for the week. They were delicious! I made 4 because I had a 4 day week, but you could make more or less depending on how many you need. Two I ate cold, and two I popped in the microwave for 30 seconds before leaving. Yum!

Ingredients:
  • Eggs (one per Ramekin)
  • Meat (optional - I use turkey sausage)
  • Veggies (I used broccoli, spinach, avocado, tomato, onion)
  • Spices (I used parsley, oregano, and red pepper flakes)
  • Cheese (I used shredded cheddar cheese)
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Whisk together eggs, meat, veggies, and half of cheese
  3. Spray Ramekins with cooking spray and place them on a baking sheet
  4. Fill Ramekins evenly with mixture, trying to get an even mixture of ingredient in each cup
  5. Top with spices and rest of cheese
  6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking
I let them cool, popped them out of the Ramekins, and kept them in a sealed glass dish until I wanted one for breakfast. I will be making these tomorrow morning!

On my whole30 challenge, I took out the cheese, and added in some browned turkey:


Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment