Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cinnamon Role Casserole


My husband loves cinnamon roles. Last Christmas I saw this recipe on the Pillbury website for a cinnamon role casserole. I made it and he (and his entire family) absolutely loved it. I had book club a few weeks ago (we read I Am Malala) and I thought it would be fun to bring this as a dessert. I halved some parts of the recipe, but left other parts of the recipe whole, and thought it turned out really moist and delicious! It seems really soupy at first, but the rolls absorb all of the liquids while baking. I even forgot the icing and it was still good, kind of like a monkey bread. I would suggest remembering the icing though!

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1 can cinnamon rolls with icing
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 c. chopped pecans
  • 1/4 c. maple syrup

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Pour melted butter in a baking dish and spread around
  3. Get rolls out and tear into 8 pieces each. Place in baking dish
  4. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, cream, cinnamon, and vanilla
  5. Pour over cinnamon roll pieces 
  6. Sprinkle pecans over (I did half with pecans, half without) and drizzle with syrup
  7. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown
  8. While cooling, heat icing in microwave and pour over casserole
Enjoy!

Kelsey

 Original recipe here

1 comment: